Entrepreneurs with a plan are twice as likely to grow and achieve their goals than those without a plan.
It’s that time of year where everyone is talking about setting New Year’s Resolutions and goal setting! What are you going to do? People who set goals are twice as likely to achieve then as those who do it!
Set aside some time just for you! Go to a quiet place, it could be a room in your house or a quiet café where you will not be disturbed. Turn your mobile off.
1. Review last year
Reflecting on your year can help highlight your successes and more importantly the area’s most in need of improvement.
Here are some of the questions you can ask yourself:
- What went well? What were some of your biggest achievements in 2018?
- What made you choose these achievements? Were they meaningful to you? Why?
- Do you have any regrets?
- Did you achieve the goals you set for yourself? Which ones did you not achieve? Are they still important and meaningful to you?
- Did anything get in your way and stop you achieving your goals? If so, what? Can you do something about it?
2. This time next year
It is great to dream big and visualise what you want your life to be like in 5 and 10-years’ time, though many people find this unrealistic and difficult to do. Start smaller look forward just 1 year, you will be surprised as to how far you can go in a year!
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Where do you want to be this time next year?
- What do you want your life to look like?
- How much to do you want to be earning?
- How much do you want your company to be turning making?
- How many hours do you want to be working?
- How much do you want to travel?
- How much time do you want to spend with your family and friends?
Your why is so important – Understanding your why will help you achieve your goals. What is your why? is it your family? Are you passionate about helping people? Do you need to prove something?
Often you have many goals you want to achieve for example gain more clients, earn more money, have more free time etc etc…
It is important to be focused on your goals. I suggest not to have too many to focus on at any one time! Have one Breakthrough goal that you are focusing on! One Breakthrough goal that is meaningful and will make a significant difference in your life.
Can you achieve your breakthrough goal within the next 90-days? What are the actions you need to take to get yourself closer to achieving this goal? Download a free 90-day plan template here. Break your goals down into small bite sized steps. If you do not know what steps you need to take – who does? Set up a meeting with this person ASAP and get yourself one step closer to this breakthrough goal.
Do your goals excite you? Do your goals give you a reason to get out of bed and attack the day!
Who is keeping you accountable?
Find someone, it needs to be someone who will keep you on your toes! Someone who you will not want to disappoint! Someone who will not let you get away with not achieving your goal! This could be a coach, mentor or a mastermind group or just another business buddy.
But it is so important to ensure you have someone to keep you accountable – this is key to your success!
Find someone who will hold you accountable!